Those Bumpy Things At Crosswalks

I never knew what they were. I suspected they had something to do with the handicapped or disabled. Maybe some weird thing that helps with wheelchairs?

I was wrong.

The Little-Known Patterns on British Streets

What’s interesting is that he never mentions a formal name for them. Do they even have a name?

This entry was posted in Other Stuff, Video. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Those Bumpy Things At Crosswalks

  1. Oh this is so good. The manual’s title is “Tactile Paving Surfaces”… in that manual, I see “Blister Surface” and “Corduroy Hazard Warning Surface” plus a full glossary of kinds of crossings, etc., where such surfaces might be required.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.